pvi collective are heading off on a regional tour of deviator, a large-scale game that charges players with the mission of seeking out hidden audio instructions which encourage them to temporarily transform their town into a playground.
From the tiniest of private deviations to the boldest of public actions, deviator blends radically altered versions of children’s games with subtle live performance, placing audiences as interventionists out on the streets, ready to creatively disrupt the city, one game at a time.
deviator proposes that adults revisit their streets with play in mind. Audiences are given a 45 minute time limit, games are scored according to difficulty and a team of sly mischief makers are positioned out on the streets ready to play hard with them.
we’re looking for an artist who can join our core team to help us deliver deviation from the norm in Bunbury and Mandurah.
This person will work alongside a pvi core artist to support the following:
- Working with a team of 10 local artists through a rehearsal and workshop period
- Assisting with, or delegating, some production prep work in the lead up to tech runs, test audiences and during the performance weeks
- Devising some site specific aspects of the work with the pvi lead artist
- Unpacking and then re-packing a box or two
- Assisting with inducting audiences members into using the deviator app
- working in devised theatre and/or site specific work
- delivering workshops (not essential)
$1200 per week for 4 weeks plus oncosts.
per diems at LPA awards rates.
Accomm and travel provided.
Participants must be available for the full project and both Bunbury and Mandurah dates.
your eoi document should include answers to the following selection criteria and questions:
(250 words max each question)
- performance skills
- production experience / touring experience
- ability to assist lead artists to run workshops with local artists
- some knowledge of mobile technology (preferred)
- How do you deviate from the norm?
- Why do you want to be involved in turning the streets of the city into a playground?
- What was your favourite game as a child and why? What’s your favourite game now and why?
eoi due: 3 december 2018
interviews: 7 december 2018 at pvi collective’s studio or via skype
notification: 10 december 2018
travel: 5 march
workshop: 5 march half day, 6 – 9 march
rest days: 10 – 11 march
performances: 12 – 16 march
rest day: 17 march
travel: 18 march
workshop: 19 – 23 march
rest days: 24 – 25 march
performances: 26 – 30 march
rest/travel day: 31 march