pvi collective are seeking 2 new board directors
pvi collective invite expressions of interest from kick-ass people with the capacity and skillset to join our board of directors.
pvi collective is an australian public company limited by guarantee and a registered charity. we are currently supported by an active, passionate, and astute board, and have recently increased the number of director roles to enable a wider diversity of skills, backgrounds, and experience at the table.
beyond the basic legal necessity of a board in a not-for-profit context, we greatly value the perspective, humour and knowledge shared at our board meetings. pvi create artworks intent on the creative disruption of everyday life, our board supports us in ensuring this disruption is provocative, legal, and timely.
we are keen to encourage expressions of interest from cald and/or first nations backgrounds as well as people under the age of 35.
newly appointed directors will ideally possess interest and/or expertise in one or more of the following areas:
- finance (obviously expertise is preferable for this one.)
- social and environmental justice
- community leadership
- global politics
this appointment will have the capacity to contribute and commit to the board and have (or be open to developing):
- an understanding of the roles and esponsibilities of the board
- an extensive network and/or interest in making new connections
- a capacity to commit and contribute
- eligibility to become a company director (in accordance with asic regulations)
- a sense of humour
it’s great but not essential to meet the following criteria:
- not for profit board experience
- strategic and financial acumen
- interest in experimental arts
ways in which your appointment to the pvi board will improve your life:
- inclusion in early stage development tests and showings
- addition of arts jargon to your vocabulary to impress and/or confuse others.
- improvement of arts and culture sector in western australia
- lively and varied conversation at board meetings
- increased understanding of where the legal line lies in relation to creative practice, and creative ways to dance along it.
this is a voluntary role (not paid)
the pvi board sits 6 times a year. additionally, board directors may be appointed to one of pvi’s sub-committees dedicated to supporting key areas for the company including:
> the horns sub-committee – marketing, networking and fundraising
> the finance sub-committee – financial oversight
> the people sub-committee – people and organisational culture
> the pvi collective fund sub-committee- ensure compliance with acnc
board directors are appointed for a four-year term and may be re-appointed for 1 subsequent term.
please submit your expression of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org and include:
- a short statement outlining what you could bring to the pvi board and why you would like to join us.
selected applicants will be contacted to arrange a meeting with our chair.
if there is mutual interest in continuing further, applicants will be invited to attend a pvi board meeting as a guest. the board of directors will make the final decision on appointments to the board.