we are very excited that with the support of the australia council for the arts, blast theory and pvi collective are joining forces to facilitate a unique r&d residency exchange opportunity for one australian artist and one british artist to spend 6 weeks in residence with blast theory and pvi respectively. in this, stage one of the project, one australian artist will undertake a residency with blast theory.
this split site residency will aim to provide:
- six weeks studio space and uninterrupted time for residents to research and develop new work in a supportive environment.
- weekly mentoring sessions with a blast theory and pvi artist
- professional advice and networking
- access to each companies equipment and resources
- insights into each company’s history, practice, research & development activities & working methodologies
- a collegial platform to crash test ideas with like-minded thinkers and makers
- accommodation and aud $7200 towards travel expenses
both companies strive to provide a warm, welcoming and creative environment and will look to tailor support in relation to the successful applicant’s needs.
who are we looking for?
both pvi and blast theory are invested in supporting and nurturing creatively fearless makers who have an established background in their respective fields and are working in the following areas of practice:
- the audience experience: participatory performance and immersive theatre
- creative geekery: coding, games design and theory
- genre busting artforms: interdisciplinary and live art practice
- pervasive gaming: the use of mobile media
- social engagement: creative intervention / space activation / site specific work
we are keen to support artists who are actively exploring similar fields of research and practice to enable opportunities to skill-share allowing for us all to deepen our engagement with the kind of work that keeps the fire in our bellies alight. in a broader context, this opportunity allows the knowledge and experience held by both companies to be imparted to practitioners who can strengthen the sector as whole through their own artwork.
closing date for applications: monday 6th march, 2017 @ midnight
notification date: friday 10th march, 2017
residency dates: 24th april to 2nd june, 2017
this opportunity has a quick turnaround.